Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ivies 2011

hey. So guess what? The list of top however many schools just came out this month.. and Bowdoin is in the top twenty! Thats right.. right up their with Harvard, Yale, Brown and all those others! :) 

On that note. This week its IVIES! 
Ivies are a BIG DEAL here at Bowdoin. I mean people look forward to Ivies all year! 
 Shirts and sunglasses and Ivies apparel is sold, lots of planning is put into what bands will perform, lots of people from other colleges come visit, lots of money is spent and pretty much everyone but me is drunk and high all week. (one of my teacher even cancelled class because she didn't want to be teaching to a bunch of drunk people) Works for me! 

So what exactly is IVIES? 
 (It is pronounced "I-V's: just saying because my dad was pronouncing it wrong) 
I am not exactly positive but they say it has to do something with 142 years ago Bowdoin was offered to be in the IV leagues if we changed like one little thing about the school. But Bowdoin didn't want to and  so now we celebrate declining the last week of every April. 

Its SUPER fun. They have lots of concerts and parties! Today was PERFECT weather. Like 58 degrees all day! They had a concert and bbq so pretty much our entire school was outside on the field. Everyone just hung out and such! I love the fact that our whole school can fit on one field! I know people say going to a small college with only 2000 kids would stink but I LOVE IT! 
(but not everyone was there and over half the Junior class is out of country so it was less than 2000) 


I mostly just "people watched" at all the Ivies actives but it was still really fun!

Also... my dad was here this weekend and mom last weekend. It was SO fun having them here. I will put up pictures later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment