Saturday, April 2, 2011

13.1 miles of Happiness

Today was wonderful. 
I woke up, bundled up, and was off to "RACE THE RUNWAY." 
My second Half marathon. 
{my friend Nina and I before the race} 

It was seriously SOO cold this morning. It was 24 degrees out when we started but super windy which made it FREEZING. 
When I reached mile 4 I was finally able to feel my feet a little! :) 

Every time I do a road race I am amazed by all the people that are out active and running. There were 800 people total in all three race. (1 mile, 5k, 1/2 marathon) 
Which it practically half of Maine's population! HA. 
Its so fun to see all these old people, couples, college kids out running. 
It sounds cheesy but I am so grateful I love running because it is something I can do my entire life. My husband better be or a runner. Or I am converting him... just sayin! 

{I took this while running. Around mile 8} 

Overall I had a SUPER fun time. Except now i am SO sore. Thats what I get for not training. I didn't even go to dinner tonight because I didn't want to walk down 4 flights of stairs it hurts so bad! HA. 

So i was done with the 1/2 Marathon and back at school by 11 am. 
Then I got to watch CONFERENCE. 
So many incredible talks. I feel so rejuvenated from it. And there is still one more day! YES! :) 
"Fear not, Be of good cheer, Your future is as bright as your Faith" 

Finally I waddled my way to the library and worked for a while and finished a lot of work! 
Don't you love productive days? I Do. 
I am one happy girl! YAY LIFE! 

1 comment:

  1. you're awesome Amy! I'm not sure how you just bust out and run a half marathon with no training... but you never cease to amaze:) Conference was so great, I was thinking of you watching it up there in Maine. Love you!

    ReplyDelete