Monday, May 2, 2011

the little things.

You know when someone does something for and you are not expecting it at all? 
Those are the things that totally make my day. 
Whether is a note or a phone call! The little things are what make me so happy. 
I mean they MAKE my day. 
I can't even tell you how giddy I get even over a stinkin text that says "Have a good day" even when they are from my best friend who I talk to all the time. I love it. 
Anywho this morning my dad left Maine, headed back to good ole AZ. 
About an hour after he left I looked under a blanket and he left me all these "surprises" 
Basically all I have been talking about for the past 5 months is my Coast to Coast Road Trip. 
So my dad bought me a backpack to use for the trip, a US roads map, playing cards, a book called "Life is  a verb" all about living life to the fullest and an envelope with $100 that said "I am so excited for your upcoming adventure" I am not saying those are a little thing but the idea that he put the effort into doing that made me the most happy more than anything! I am very very thankful! 

It just got me thinking about all the little things in life that make you happy! From a simple smile to your favorite song coming on the radio to beautiful weather or getting a new tooth brush (thats my favorite thing) hA. There are so many little things that can bring joy and when you look for them they are ALL AROUND YOU! 
I am very thankful for those tiny things is life that make it incredible! YEAH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment