Friday, April 15, 2011

Very Grateful.

So last night my wonderful friend Stephen was injured.  
That boy right thuurrrr...
He was playing basketball at the gym, jumped into a foam pit and seriously hurt his neck and spinal cord breaking something ( i forgot the name of the bone. hA)
 While I was in the library last night I got a call from my friend Thomas telling me what happened and that we were having a group fast for him. Let me just tell you that is not a fun call to get. But he was currently in surgery and so his condition was not completely known since neck injuries are very serious. I called a few of his other close friends and told them what happened and  to keep him in their prayers. 
Later that night one of my friends, Josh skyped me from the hospital, he said Amy look at this as he spun the camera around. The entire waiting room was PACKED with his ward and friends. All of my best friends sitting their supporting him through his surgery. Then to think about all this other friends in Arizona and such all around fasting and praying for him. Hundreds of people! It was such a neat moment to see all the love being showered upon Stephen even though he wouldn't even see it. Just the idea that all my best friends were sitting there for him was very humbling seeing, everyone put their faith in the lord. 
I have one amazing group of friends. The best. 
Today I found out that Stephens surgery went well and that he will be in ICU for 3-4 more weeks. Neck injuries don't always turn out the best and to know that our prayers were answered is wonderful. Prayer is such an incredible thing! :) 
Stephen still has a long road of recovery ahead of him. But with prayer and the support of his wonderful family and friends I know he will totally get through it. 
He is one amazing boy! 
We love you Stephen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment