Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lose the Shoes.

This past week was super super fun. I was always doing something which I LOVE, cause being busy ROCKS. So. I shall tell you about it. 
Friday afternoon. Melissa, Anna and I went to the little "Go Green" event. We tie dyed shirts and had gelato. It was not anything super exciting but there was a band outside playing and it was a perfect day and just fun seeing everyone out. (I don't know how I am going to adjust from being in the 50 degree weather to going back to 100 degree days. Thats a different story though).... 
 Friday night a few girls and I decided we wanted to take the bus to the mall. (its about an hour away) 
We went to get bus tickets and found out in only goes to the mall on Saturdays. No bueno. 
However we ran into my friend Clare and she said she was going to a movie so we decided to join her. But since it was not till 10pm we decided to go Bridge Jumping first. 

We jumped on some bikes and headed off. 
Really quick can I just say that the bike I borrowed gear's were broken. So they were stuck in the lowest gear so I had to peddle like a billion times to move one inch. It was quite hilarious. I was moving my legs so fast you couldn't even see them! :) 

When we finally got to the bridge we had no way to see how deep the water was. Besides that the current was INSANE. It was moving and about 150 yards down is a huge dam. So we decided not to jump but go explore other areas. 


We found this cute little beach area and there was a tiny little island in the middle of the river. So we ended up jumping in the freezing water and letting the current push us around the island then we had to quickly jump out before it met back up with the river again. I don't know how smart it was but it was really fun! 



That night since we did not get to go to the mall Anna and I decided we wanted to go out to diner before the movie. We went to this cute little place and it was nice just hanging out and talking. 

 After our delicious meal we jumped in a taxi and went to the movies where we met Clare and Divya. 
The movie was super funny. We all liked it very mucho. 

Now. We shall move onto Saturday. 
After brunch and all there was a "Lose the Shoes" 3 on 3 soccer Tournament raising awareness of HIV. I was on a team with Kathryn, her boyfriend Zach who is a very good soccer player and two other boys who could play soccer. (I know there was 5 of us but you are allowed to have two subs) So the plan was for the boys to play the whole time and then. BAM we are the winners out of 28 teams. 
Well... the plan did not go as we wanted. 
There was a rule that co-ed teams have to have a girl playing at all time. Kathryn and I are both not soccer players. We are really bad. hA. So. i ended up playing for the entire time in all three games. (Kath played for 2 minutes in the first game but then a worm crawled on her foot and she said she was too shook up to play) HA. We ended up losing 2 games and winning one. I felt kinda bad because the boys really wanted to win and my "no foot coordination" brought us down. 
However we all had a great time! YEAH. 

This is Anna and I after. Our team wore gray because we were the "Otters" and Anna's team all wore black and white polos. I forgot their team name though :) 

Sorry if you are getting bored from reading this! HA. I know its not that interesting but ya know! 

So Saturday night there was a "Spring Gala"
 I decided I did not want to go but all my friend were going so you know what that means right?? I got to be the "mom" and take pictures and do hair. I LOVED IT. First I did Anna's Hair. It took me and hour and a half but she looked so pretty! Then I did my other roommates hair. It was so fun seeing everyone all dressed up. I really did feel like a mom as i took pictures and was like "HAVE FUN. BE SAFE" :) 

While they were all gone though I got TONS of stuff done. Yay. 
Welp. That was my weekend. I can not believe that next weekend is my last one here in Maine! 
I am leaving in 13 days! CRAZY. 

1 comment:

  1. Amy you are too cute. I love all your little details about your life. You know I am going to worry my little head off about this road trip of yours...so PLEASE use good judgement and don't forget to have a prayer before you start back on the road each day! I will just have to keep myself occupied and pray that you are all safe cuz I don't like it...nope.....not one little tiny bit! I love YOU though!

    ReplyDelete