Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Don't ya know..


 I walk around and there are so many cute girls in this world!
 I just want to walk up to all of them and tell them they are BEA-utiful!! Seriously I wish everyone could see how cute they truly are. 

In my Gender and Women's study class we have been talking about body image and how women are suppose to "act and look." How society has these unrealistic ideals set of what is "beautiful" and if girls do not meet that criteria of the "perfect body" then they are "not succeeding in life"! We are constantly being told how to look, which is often naturally unachievable. Thus leading to anorexia, bulimia, cosmetic surgeries and so on! People spend so much time trying to "look" a certain way that it consumes their life! The idea of it breaks my heart! I honestly could talk about this subject forever but I don't want to get started cause I feel like I wouldn't be able to stop! Ha. But.. 
Just know I think you are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! 

On a different tangent.. This is my dear friend Clare: 



She is the one in the middle. :) 

We have had two classes together each semester and we were just together studying for our Gender and Women's study midterm.. thats how it is a tangent! HA. Look at me using my math terms!! 

Okay so Clare is seriously the sweetest thing on the planet. I seriously feel like she is my life cheer leader. Plus she was my first friend here at Bowdoin! YAY! So you know that person that whatever they say about you makes you seen way more amazing then what you really are?? Yeah... thats her! Seriously if I ever needed to be uplifted thats who I would go to! She is just constantly so positive and just makes you happy! Everyone just loves her!  So not many people have seen my "real self" if that is what you would call it here at Bowdoin! But.. she has! HA! I have got pretty crazy around her and she still talks to me which is always a plus! YEAH! Anywho she was super interested in the fact that I now have a blog so I wanted to give her a "little shout out" 


Well... I hope you all have the most incredible day today! 
I most defiantly an going to make sure it is a good one! 

1 comment:

  1. "You know that person that whatever they say about you makes you seem way more amazing than you really are?" Um.... that would be YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete