Sunday, February 27, 2011

A day of inspiration.

You know those days when you are just inspired in every way? 
Well today was one of those days! 
I am just sitting on my bed and can't help but smile about life. 



To Blessed to be Stressed: 
The other day I was watching Minute to Win it and the girl on the show was like "I am to blessed to to stressed" I thought it was such a cute saying and realized how true it is. I know I get stressed over tests sometimes, or get all crazy if my room is a little messy, its a part of life. Yet my life is SO blessed and I know that if I am doing this things I am suppose to and working hard, everything will work out! I get giddy just thinking about that idea. I know it is a simple one but having the though in my mind that if I do all I possibly can, try my best and have my priorities correct that Heavenly father will take care of the rest! Incredible how that works huh!?

Goals: 
So I have always been someone to set goals. This whole semester I have had my goals posted up on my door but just today I realized I have not been doing them to the fullest. I am simply "sliding by" in order to cross it off at the end of the day. So today I made a brand new goal chart with specific goals, and most importantly I made a commitment to myself to do them to the best of my ability! I think its amazing how we have the opportunity to better ourselves and also be able to improve. To take our struggles and work on them in order to make them better.  I know at times it can get hard, when you don't see an improvement. I just need to take ONE STEP AT A TIME and keep my goals in sight.


Running: 
So I signed up for a 1/2 Marathon on April 2nd. Since I am not doing spring track this season since I am so busy with my job and school I figure I need something to work towards. This past month I have just been running but it is so hard for me to run with no goal. So I decided to sign up for a 1/2 marathon! I REALLY REALLY want to do a full one I just can not commit to train yet. But don't you worry I am doing one this summer. Also... to help motivate me my mother and I are having a competition on who can run the most miles in March. Because even though I have to train a little for a 1/2 marathon, I honestly could wing it and be totally fine. So this way I still have to run high amounts of mileage. We have yet to decide on the prize for the winner.. but I am going to make sure its a good one because I am GOING TO WIN! :) ha. 


KIDS!
I was so worried coming up to college that I would not get to see kids. Well its the total opposite! I get to be with them ALL the time and I love it. First off I am going an internship at a daycare center and get to simply play with 2 year olds. Its so fun!! Then I also work at an elementary school in a resource room. Its so neat to be able to help kids learn that have a hard time with it. I tutor them in math and english! Though at times it can get frustrating they have such a light about them. As for fridays I mentor a junior high student. There is a program where they put college students with kids who are going through hard times, so all we do is talk. We have an hour together and we just sit and talk about life. Its sad to hear some things she tells me, but to see the smile on her face when she finally laughs is so worth it. Then... ha. I get to hang out with my host family! I LOVE them! They are the most adorable girls ever! I just want to squeeze them! Being around all these kids makes me so excited to be a mom! I just love them all so much! 

Children are precious! I love them! 


My host family! 


On a quick side note: 
So two of my really good friends are suppose to get their mission calls this week and I am insanely excited to see where they will be spending two years of their life. They will be wonderful missionaries. 

Anywho I am very thankful for all my many blessings! Life is absolutely incredible! 

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I LOVE how positive you are! You are the best. I am so excited about life too:) There is so much to be excited about. Sounds like some great goals. Cant wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete